⇦return to Recipe Exchange
Roasted Corn Salsa
Aromatic cilantro and sweet corn turn this crowd pleaser into a real South-Western treat. No fresh corn? Frozen corn roasted or straight from the package works, too.
Preparation Time - 20 Minutes
Cooking Time - 35 Minutes
* 4 ears yellow corn, husked
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 large red tomato, chopped
* 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and deveined (optional)
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 2 tablespoons diced red pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
BRUSH corn with olive oil.
PLACE ears of corn on a baking sheet.
ROAST 15-20 minutes until ears start to turn a light golden brown.
PLACE ears of corn directly on grill. (Olive oil is not needed.)
GRILL corn until corn turns a bright yellow with some of the kernels having turned black from the grilling process. (About 10-15 minutes on a hot grill.)
In medium bowl, combine corn and remaining ingredients. (Salsa can be made 1 day ahead.) Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.
Makes about 4 cups (8 cup servings)
Serving Size: 8
Brought to you by:
Recipes and photographs are the property of Nestle®
and Meals.com, used with permission.