⇦return to Recipe Exchange
Cream of Chicken and Vegetable Soup
This silky-rich chicken soup is a terrific main dish.
Preparation Time - 10 mins.
Cooking Time - 15 mins.
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 can (12 fl. oz.) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1 package (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, prepared according to package directions
* 2 (about 8 oz. total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
* 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
* 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add vegetables, chicken broth and onion salt. Heat through.
* NOTE: For a lower-fat version of this recipe, substitute NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat Milk for Evaporated Milk, and 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) light or fat-free chicken broth for chicken broth. Proceed as above.
Serving Size: 6
Brought to you by:
Recipes and photographs are the property of Nestle®
and Meals.com, used with permission.