⇦return to Recipe Exchange
Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
Butterscotch morsels add their sweet creaminess to this classic gingerbread cookie. The ultimate treat, warm from the oven with a glass of cold milk.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 9 minutes
Cooling Time - 15 minutes
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
* 1/3 cup mild molasses
* 1 large egg
* 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
BEAT sugar, butter, molasses and egg in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields 2 dozen cookies
Brought to you by:
Recipes and photographs are the property of Nestle®
and Meals.com, used with permission.