⇦return to Recipe Exchange
Black Pepper Beef
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
* 1/2 lb. boneless skirt or flank steak, (cut into 3-inch strips)
* 3 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce, (divided)
* 2 teaspoons cooking sherry or rice wine
* 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 2 teaspoons ketchup
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, (to taste)
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1/2 medium white onion, (cut into strips)
* 1 red bell pepper, (cut into 1-inch pieces)
* 4 servings steamed white or brown rice
COMBINE beef, 1 teaspoon Maggi Seasoning Sauce, cooking sherry and garlic powder in medium bowl.
COMBINE water, cornstarch, ketchup, remaining Maggi Seasoning Sauce, black pepper and sesame oil in small bowl.
HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is browned. Stir in onion and bell pepper; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion starts to turn transparent. Stir in cornstarch mixture; heat to boiling. Boil for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened.
Serve with rice.
Serving Size: 4
Brought to you by:
Recipes and photographs are the property of Nestle®
and Meals.com, used with permission.