⇦return to Recipe Exchange
Pizza Margherita features a freshly baked focaccia bread crust topped with fresh, plum tomatoes and shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. This mouth-watering combination makes the perfect appetizer or complement to a meal.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes.
* 1 package (12.7 oz.) BUITONI Italian Herbs and Cheese Focaccia Bread Mix
* 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
* 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
* 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
PREHEAT oven to 425° F.
PREPARE focaccia dough according to steps 1 and 2 of package directions, stirring in topping with flour and yeast.
PLACE tomato slices over dough; sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
BAKE for 12 to 18 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil just before serving.
Yields 12 appetizer servings
Brought to you by:
Recipes and photographs are the property of Nestle®
and Meals.com, used with permission.